May 9, 2015
Google Goggles is one of the best Android apps for image search. Google Goggles allows you to conduct an extensive search on any physical item you point your mobile phone camera at (e.g. a painting, a famous landmark, a barcode, or QR code, a product, or a popular image). If Goggles retains any info or data about the item it will automatically display it to you. Googles also has the ability to read text in different languages including : English, Italian, Spanish, Turkish, German. and it can translate it to the language of your choice.
Here is how Googles works:
1- Open the Google Goggles app.
2- Point your camera in the direction of the item you want to search for.
3- Touch the photo icon.
4- If Google recognizes the image in your photo, the search results will tell you about what’s in the photo.
Tip: Horizontal photos work better than vertical ones.
Some features provided by Googles include:
- “Scan barcodes using Goggles to get product information
- – Scan QR codes using Goggles to extract information
- – Recognize famous landmarks
- – Translate by taking a picture of foreign language text
- – Add Contacts by scanning business cards or QR codes
- – Scan text using Optical Character Recognition (OCR)
- – Recognize paintings, books, DVDs, CDs, and just about any 2D image
- – Solve Sudoku puzzles
- – Find similar products”
Watch this video to learn more about Google Googles
Posted by Kenneth Roberts