anzuk* has opportunities for committed education support staff to work in a variety of special needs schools in Melbourne’s Mornington Peninsula on a casual basis. We now have a demand for integration aides who can work in Dromana, Mornington, and Frankston.
As an integration aide with anzuk* you will provide a range of support to students enrolled in special development schools, dual-mode special needs schools, and autism specialist schools. These schools provide educational and social programs to students aged between 5 and 18 years of age with moderate to profound intellectual and physical disabilities, and mild to severe social, emotional and behavioural disorders, including autistic spectrum disorder.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience in a school setting or within disability support
- Have a caring and enthusiastic nature
- Have a genuine passion for special education needs
- Be open-minded and flexible to changes in daily programming
- Be adaptable to cater for a diverse range of student needs and disabilities
- Be available to receive morning calls for work that day from 6:30 am
Your responsibilities include:
- Supporting the participation of students in an inclusive education system
- Supporting transitions for students within the school and outside community
- Providing support with personal care duties (including toileting, changing and feeding)
- Assisting with hydrotherapy programs when required
- Building rapport with both staff and students
- Following directions and guidelines outlined by teachers
Previous experience working with children in special needs setting or schools is highly desired but not essential. Candidates with experience in the disability support and health care sector are encouraged to apply.
- Working With Children Check, employee card
- Experience or qualification in education support, disability or aged care
- Current CV outlining recent experience in school settings
- Details of at least two supervisory referees who have observed you working with young people
By submitting this application you are agreeing that our staff can make contact with your referees (if required) prior to our preliminary screening.
anzuk* is a leader of temporary, contract and permanent school staffing in Melbourne Australia and England in the UK. We offer opportunities in government, catholic and private schools across all areas of Melbourne and London. We are an equal opportunity employer