The Educational Leader is responsible for providing high quality leadership and support to Early Childhood Educators in a new Early Childhood Learning Centre in Alice Springs. Based on the Abecedarian Approach Australia (3a) to early childhood development, the Centre is expected to be a catalyst for major change in early childhood services and long term health gains for disadvantaged children from non-working Aboriginal families in Alice Springs.
This new centre in Alice Springs anticipated to commence in February 2017 will include a team of 16 including the Centre Manager, an Educational Leader, 2 Early Childhood Educators (Team Leaders), 5 Early Childhood Educators, 3 Aboriginal Family Support Workers as well as administrative support, a cook and drivers. Aboriginal languages will be given priority and strong parent participation is encouraged.Â
To be the Educational Leader that this centre needs, you will need to be a strong team mentor and be able to assist and support the Child Care Manager in the operation of the centre and in his or her absence act on his/her behalf, Facilitate training and education of Team Leaders and Educators in the locally and culturally adapted 3a-based program, Robust organisational skills, Work in line with WHS policies and procedures and have the ability to adapt to the centre’s values and behaviours.
1. An approved early childhood teaching (ECT) qualification (minimum Bachelor degree) with minimum of 3 years work experience.
2. A deep understanding of and demonstrated experience using the Early Years Learning Framework to guide professional practice, program development, implementation, evaluation, and document childrenâ€™s learning.
3. Ability to interpret and apply information about how children learn and develop in practical ways and about a diverse range of positive teaching strategies that meet the individual learning styles of children.
4. Proven leadership skills and experience mentoring Educators in a workplace.
5. Awareness of/sensitivity to Aboriginal culture and history, and knowledge of current issues affecting the lives of Aboriginal people
6. Current Senior First Aid Certificate and Working with Childcareâ€™s Card.
1. Working knowledge of the Abecedarian approach to early childhood development and/or experience working with/designing educational programs for vulnerable children
2. NT Drivers Licence or ability to obtain one.
If this sounds like the change you’ve been after, don’t delay in submitting your application today.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the “Apply Now” button.