The book is built around eight high-utility literacy skills and practices that will help students communicate effectively and with confidence as they navigate important transitions in their lives:
- integrating skills and knowledge;
- reading closely and critically;
- assessing rhetorical situations;
- negotiating different perspectives;
- developing and supporting a line of reasoning;
- analyzing genres;
- communicating with self and others in mind;
- reading and writing with passion.
Teaching Literature Rhetorically offers readers writing prompts, readings, discussion questions, graphic organizers, as well as examples of student work and activities for helping students to understand key rhetorical concepts. As Jennifer writes in her introduction “rhetorical thinking promotes the transfer of learning — the single most important goal we can have as teachers if we hope to have a positive impact on our students’ lives.” This book will help teachers everywhere do just that.
Posted by Online Education Experts